27 Jul Questioning if you should use E-mail markeitng?
Many small businesses are hesitant to use email marketing, for fear that they will annoy their customer base. Let’s face it the “spam” marketers have made it difficult for all marketers to use email base marketing. But that does not mean that email marketing is not effective. In fact according to E-marketer 64% of customers hear about a new product or sales promotion via email. Using email is an effective way to get your message out.
However, if you are going to use email marketing than you need to follow email best practices.
- A timely message to the right person.
- Get accurate and detailed data from the people who want to hear from you.
- Email marketing takes time, you must ask and listen to your customer. What do they want to hear about from you.
- Remember email is just one link in the chain of events that leads a prospect to buy from you.
- Strive to build trust using email.
- Automate the steps for sending relevant messages to your customer base.
In a recent survey conducted by E-marketer 93% of the customers surveyed received and read at least one opt in email a day from a marketer. That’s a strong indication that if your message is relevant to your customer and they have the option to opt in to your blog or email post they want to hear and listen to what you have to say.
I use email marketing myself and it works for Bancorp. I would encourage you to give it a try. If you would like some help in setting an email marketing program send me an email at email@example.com and I’ll put you in contact with a reputable marketing company that currently works with Bancorp.