Why Should You Have Pet Insurance?
Pet insurance can help remove the financial burden of unexpected medical costs due to illness or injury. Get your pet the very best care when they need it! Plus, there are preventative benefit options to help you stay ahead of any potential issues altogether.
Choose the Coverage for Your Budget & Needs
With Safeco Pet Insurance, you are able to choose from a range of annual limits, deductibles, and reimbursement percentages to fit your needs and budget. With our plans you can choose any licensed veterinarian, specialist or emergency clinic. Don’t have a veterinarian? Click Here to search a list of veterinarians near you.
Pet Insurance is available for cats and dogs eight weeks old or older. You do not need to be a current Safeco customer to enroll your pet for coverage.
Policies cover a wide variety of medical expenses, including:
- Accidental injuries (including to permanent teeth)
- Euthanasia or anesthesia
- Cremation and burial expenses
- Ingestion of a foreign object (up to two treatments max per policy year)
- Accidental death
- Illnesses (e.g., cancer, influenza, and kennel cough)
- Alternative medicine
- Behavioral therapy
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
Wellness coverage is available, which include fixed payment amounts for the following (not subject to deductible and annual maximum):
- Wellness exams
- Intestinal deworming
- Routine dental cleaning
- Flea and tick prevention
- Heartworm tests and medication
- Dietary food and supplements
- Prescription medications
- Boosters and vaccinations
- Safeco offers two types of coverage: Accident & Illness and Accident, Illness, & Wellness.
- Reimbursement options of 70%, 80%, or 90% of eligible charges.
- Annual deductible options of $250, $500, or $1,000.
- Annual coverage limit options including $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000.
- Discounts available for multiple pets, multiple Safeco policies, and military status.
- Wellness coverage offers fixed payment amounts for preventive care services, prescription medications and vaccinations, and are not subject to deductible and annual maximum.
- All policies are subject to a 14-day waiting period.
Pet Insurance is a small price to pay for unconditional love and your peace of mind. If you need additional help selecting a policy or would like to discuss other coverage options with Safeco, click here to contact a Bancorp Insurance Agent.