17 May Obama Care Oregon
Cover Oregon (Obamacare) is Here!
I don’t care if you are for or against the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). The Supreme Court ruled the legislation was legal. Oregon is one of the first states to embrace Obama Care.
What Does That Mean To You?
- Effective January 1 2014 you will be required by law to buy health insurance or pay a fine.
- You and your family may be eligible for financial assistance to help you pay the premiums. The financial assistance only applies if you purchase one of the plans offered by Cover Oregon. You will still be eligible for the financial aide if you use Bancorp Insurance to buy the Cover Oregon Plan. It will not cost you more to use Bancorp Insurance. In fact it will save you hours of time and hassle.
- You cannot be turned down because of pre-existing health conditions. Even if you have been turn down for health care coverage due pre-existing conditions in the past.
- You will have a lot of choices:
- Cover Oregon (Oregon Health Insurance Exchange) each carrier is providing 5 tiers with up to 5 plans per tier. Not all areas in the state have the same choices, because some carriers may not participate in your area. An example Kaiser does not participate in Bend.
Bancorp Insurance is a licensed consumer health insurance navigator for Oregon. You can call our office at 800-452-6826 to sign up for Cover Oregon starting October 1st 2013. Why is that important to you? Great question. You do not have to spend several hours researching each health insurance carrier’s plans and comparing them to the several plans now offered by Oregon Health Insurance Exchange (Cover Oregon). Bancorp will have all that information in one place. It’s my business to make it easy for the insurance health consumer you to get the information and make your decision.
I want to make it perfectly clear the rules, regulations, and plans are still being negotiated and written as I pen this blog. In fact I got 4 emails today from different sources. My staff and I will attending multiple meetings and over 10 hours of training to help our customers and Oregon residents wind their way through the health insurance maze. Honestly did you really think the government would make this easy? But never the less I want to keep you up to date on what is happening and how it will affect you. It is changing by the day and the hour.
For more information check our webpage or go to Health Insurance Reform in Oregon Insurance Division
Check back at this blog for regular updates or sign up for email updates below.