Tornado Disaster Preparedness
Before a Hurricane
- Prepare an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Listen to NOAA Weather Radio, commercial radio, or television newscasts. Heed instructions given by local emergency management officials.
- Be alert to changing weather conditions and watch for approaching storms.
OR CLICK THE LINKS LOCATED IN THE MAP FOR LIVE UPDATES
- Dark, often greenish sky
- Large hail
- A large, dark, low-lying cloud (particularly if rotating)
- Loud roar, similar to a freight train
- If you see approaching storms or any of the danger signs, be prepared to take shelter immediately